System Requirements:We require the following computer specifications for students using Adobe Connect to participate in Online LL.M. courses:
|CPU:||Minimum: Core 2 Duo at least 2.0 GHz. Recommended: Core i5 or Core i7 at 2.0 GHz or equivalent.
|RAM:||Recommended: 4 GB or more. Minimum: 2 GB.
|Graphics:||Recommended:Discrete ATI or NVidia graphics card with at least 512mb video memory. Not Recommended: Intel Integrated Graphics or equivalent.
|Screen Size:||Recommended: at least 14" laptop screen, or optionally, a 20"+ external LCD monitor for best viewing
|Network:||Minimum: DSL, Cable, etc. with at least 2 Mbps Downstream. Recommended: Fiber/FIOS or Gigabit Ethernet connection, or Cable, DSL, etc. with at least 10 Mbps downstream.
You will need to provide your own working webcam - built-in laptop webcams are fine. If you need to buy an external USB web camera, we recommend the Microsoft LifeCam Studio.
Students will be provided with a UNL-owned Plantronics speakerpod device, containing a high quality echo-cancelling microphone and a speaker. We ask that students use only the provided audio equipment, to help us provide the most consistent experience possible.
Application Requirements: We require a personal statement, all undergraduate and law college transcripts, the LSAC application questionnaire, 2-3 letters of recommendation, and a resume. Start your application today!
International Applicants: A foreign law degree is required of foreign applicants. A TOEFL score of 100 (on the internet based test) is required by foreign applicants unless you are a citizen of Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom or some other English speaking country. Foreign applicants must use apply on-line and use the LSAC credential assembly service.
Deadlines: We accept applications at all times. Semester start times are based on our rolling admissions and the requested semester start. Please contact the Executive Director, Elsbeth Magilton with questions on start dates.
Online LL.M. Graduation Requirements:
- Complete an introductory noncredit course in American law (for students with foreign law degrees only)
- Complete or be excused from the required courses (listed below)*
- Complete a research paper of publishable quality (thesis)
- Attain a weighted average grade of no less than 6.0/9.0 for all courses taken at the Law College
- Attend the Lincoln or DC Annual Conferences (travel provided to one)
- Complete 3 credit hours in-residence prior to graduation, including at least one credit during the first two semesters.**
- International Law - 3 Credits
- Space Law - 2 Credits
- National Security Space Law - 1 Credits
- Domestic Telecommunications Law - 3 Credits
- International Telecommunications Law: Cyber Warfare - 3 Credits
- Researching Space Law - 1 Credits
- Thesis Independent Study - 3 Credits
*Participation in 75% of each course "live" (synchronously) is required unless a waiver is obtained by the professor.
**As noted above, online students are required to complete 3 credit hours in-residence prior to graduation, including at least one credit during the first two semesters. The Spring semester generally features several mini-courses (shortened schedule, 1-2 credit courses). No travel costs are routinely provided or guaranteed.