- International Law - 3 Credits
- Space Law - 2 Credits
- National Security Space Law - 1 Credits
- Telecommunications Law (Domestic) - 3 Credits
- International Telecommunications Law: Cyber Warfare - 3 Credits
- Researching Space Law - 1 Credits
- Thesis Under Approved Supervising Professor - 3 Credits
- Complete 24 Credit Hours Total (this total includes the 16 required class credit hours)
- Complete a program of study approved by the Director of the program (meaning classes taken outside of our subject area must be approved)
- Complete a research paper of publishable quality (thesis)
- Attain a weighted average grade of no less than 6.0 (on a 9.0 scale) for all courses taken at the Law College
- Complete an introductory noncredit course in American law (for students with foreign law degrees only)
Unique to Online Students:
- Complete 3 credit hours in-residence prior to graduation, including at least one credit during the first two semesters.
- Attend 1 program conference in person
Participation in 75% of each course "live" (synchronously) is required unless a waiver is obtained by the professor.
As noted above, online students are also required to complete 3 credit hours in-residence prior to graduation, including at least one credit during the first two semesters. The Spring semester generally features several mini-courses (shortened schedule, 1-2 credit courses). No travel costs are rountinely provided or guaranteed.
Additionally, online students must attend one UNL Space, Cyber and Telecommunications Law-sponsored conference or seminar in person, with travel costs paid for by the University.
We require the following computer specifications for students using Adobe Connect to participate in Online LL.M. courses:
CPU: Minimum - Core 2 Duo at least 2.0 GHz Recommended - Core i5 or Core i7 at 2.0 GHz or equivalent RAM: Minimum - 2 GB Recommended - 4 GB or more Graphics: Not Recommended - Intel Integrated Graphics or equivalent. Recommended - Discrete ATI or NVidia graphics card
with at least 512mb video memory.
Screen Size: Not Recommended - 12" screen size or smaller - Elements on
screen may be too small to see or read.
Recommended - at least 14" laptop screen, or
optionally, a 20"+ external LCD monitor for best viewing
Network: Minimum - DSL, Cable, etc. with at least 2 Mbps Downstream Recommended - Fiber/FIOS or Gigabit Ethernet connection,
or Cable, DSL, etc. with at least 10 Mbps downstream
You will need to provide your own working webcam - built-in laptop webcams are fine. If you need to buy an external USB web camera, we recommend the Microsoft LifeCam Studio.
Students will be provided with a UNL-owned Plantronics speakerpod device, containing a high quality echo-cancelling microphone and a speaker. We ask that students use only the provided audio equipment, to help us provide the most consistent experience possible.